Audun Rikardsen is a wildlife photographer from Norway, who has always been fascinated by the Arctic’s rough landscape, culture, and wildlife, both above and below the ocean's surface. For him, nature photography is about having fun, remembering special moments, and sharing his fascination of the Arctic coastline's wildlife and culture, often from new and unusual perspectives. Most of Audun’s pictures are taken locally or during job-related field work. Photography is combined with his other interests where he utilizes his knowledge of biology and the coastal area.
Audun works as a full time professor of biology at the University of Tromsø, Norway.
- Arctic photographer of the year (Global Arctic award), 2017 (Overall winner)
- European wildlife photographer of the year (GDT), 2016 (Overall winner)
- Wildlife photographer of the year, portfolio award, 2015 (Winner)
- Nordic Nature Photo Contest (NNPC), 2015 (Overall winner)
- "The golden hook" (Gullkroken), Best fishing picture of the year, 2014 (Winner)