Pål Hermansen is a freelance photographer, artist and writer from Norway, whose images have been published internationally by National Geographic Magazine, GEO, Conde Nast Traveler, New York Times and many more. His works have also been presented by photography and art magazines in Norway, Sweden, Finland, The Netherlands, USA, Brazil, South Africa, Japan and China. Pål Hermansen is a sought after speaker and frequent jury member for leading international photo competitions. .
Pål Hermansen is the Artist in Residence on Arctic and Antarctic voyages (Quark expeditions, Hurtigruten, PolarQuest).
- BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year, London 2017 (Finalist)
- Concuso Asferico, Italy 2017 (First prize)
- Bird Photographer of the Year, London 2016 (First and Second prizes)
- Nature Images Awards, Paris, France 2015 (Finalist)
- The Glanzlichter competition, Germany 2014 (All-over winner)